Re: [OM] Hit Rate (was: Using a Pro Lab for Developing)

Subject: Re: [OM] Hit Rate (was: Using a Pro Lab for Developing)
From: Peter Leyssens <leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
> > > I'd say the long-term average is about 10%
> of a roll, so between 3 and 4
> >frames on a roll of 36.  I've junked entire
> rolls of slides more than once,
> >though never immediately -- I wait for a while
> to see how I "feel" about the
> >photos.

<snip>
> My yield with 35mm varies by subject material
> and venue, and how much risk
> I'm taking.  Found over the past year I've been
> making a higher number of
> riskier shots with more critical timing. <snip>
>"Keepers" are about 1/3 to 2/3 the roll
> depending on what I'm doing
> with the amount of bracketing and repetition,
> and what the images are
> for.  "Wall hangers" average about 100f total
> frames consumed.

I usually split my pictures up in a couple of
categories, like this :

- Interesting : definitely worth keeping, quite
appealing.
- OK : I'd add this to a travel foto diary, but
it's photographically speaking not really a
success.
- boring : nothing really there to look at, or
too much in the picture
- bad : exposure/focus problems

It's very seldom that I have an "excellent"
category, since I'm really, really picky.  From
my little picture gallery at
http://www.geocities.com/leyssens/Oly/Oly.html ,
I'd consider the curtain, the garbage bag and the
wheel+building "interesting".  Unfortunately, I
didn't shoot the garbage bag :-(  The other 3 are
OK.  There's a couple of OK- pictures on the
roll, and it was 39 shots on a Sensia, so I get a
rather low average.

BTW, I'm heading for a world music festival near
Antwerp (Belgium) next weekend and I'm taking the
0m-4T+90mm/f2 on Sunday.  Saturday ends with a
big party and I'd have to hold on to the machine
while dancing and stuff...  Too dangerous.

BTW2, I'm 29 as well.  Maybe we can start an "As
Old As M-1" club ?

Peter.

=====
--