Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring

Subject: Re: [OM] stuck filter on 49-72 step up ring
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:22:59 -0700
on 7/22/01 8:53 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I know we beat the stuck filter question to death a few months ago, however I
> think my stuck filter problem may be a bit unique.  What is stuck on the step
> up ring is a B+W slim circular polarizer.  What I need to grip is the back
> part of the filter and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to move.
> Any ideas that won't destroy either the ring or the filter?  Bill Barber

Bill, can you get enough grip on it using one of those round rubber circles
for opening tight jars (like applesauce, peaches, etc.)? I got some in
three-packs of spaghetti sauce at Costco. I've used it before messing around
with fixing old cameras, good for turning the flat-top screws on top of wind
levers, etc. If you want to try it email me your address and I'll send you
the extra one.

Or you could just sell the whole ring/filter mess to me, I'm looking for the
49-72 ring for my 18/3.5. John H. says he's out, Olympus USA says "no longer
available"... and I haven't seen any on e*ay lately. Maybe Olympus Japan
still has them...
--

Jim Brokaw