Re: [OM] [OT]Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:14:30 -0500
I'm not sure what you would consider acceptable, but I think you would find
a number of interesting cars available. For example, the soon to be released
RX8 has appeal -- a true sports car with a small backseat.  The Corvette is
a true sports car, although not cheap.  Perhaps a Miata, a Honda S2000 or
even a BMW M3.  All fine cars -- all finally brought to the US equal to
their European counterpart.

Fun cars here.

Tom

> From my sports car days in the 60's/70's, I can remember that it was OK to
> import cars made prior to 1967. I believe that this was with reference to
> emissions; safety aspects maybe would still apply. However, I would advise
you
> to look at other sports cars like the latest Mazda, or in the larger
category
> look at a Corvette; great value for money last time I checked (compared
with
> European imports), and a great car in its own right - ask Tom. Remember
that
> servicing for European imports can be very limited, especially outside
large
> cities. Finally, as an Englishman/Canadian and ex-Morgan owner, I have to
admit
> that I would not look at buying an English car (with the exception of a
Morgan