Re: [OM] Tamron zoom, anybody got one?

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron zoom, anybody got one?
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:56:37 EDT
Chris,
I have two of the SP 35-80/2.8-3.8's, and they're generally regarded as
excellent lenses. (I have several other Tamron SP's, too.) The 28-80 is their
effort to get a little wider, but is larger and heavier and uses larger
filters than the 35-80. The 35-80 will only close focus at the long end,
which is more useful than close focusing at the short end, IMHO...more
working distance. I'd suggest it's worth the extra $15-20 for a good used
Adaptall 2 mount to try it out, and think you'll like the 28-80. Be sure you
get the "Japan" "OL" version of the mount if you're going to use it on an
OM-3 or -4 due to screw placement vs. the lens sensor pin on the camera mount.
HTH,
Greg