Re: [OM] i guess most have seen this...

Subject: Re: [OM] i guess most have seen this...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:22:57 -0700
on 7/18/01 1:42 PM, Daniel J. Mitchell at DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>> It's appalling the way some people treat equip.  I hope this
>> is going to a good list member home.
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1254634209
>
> Holy smokes.. I saw this message with about 5 minutes to go, checked, and
> the bidding was at $365. Pretty tempting at that price, rewind lever missing
> or not. Checked back a bit later, still at $365 with 21 seconds to go. Final
> price: $660.. Some serious last-minutes bidding going on there. eBay is
> _scary_.
>
> -- dan

Its always like that. I was in for this one anyway, but I had a big meeting
at work covering when the auction end time was, so I bid a lot earlier than
I would have otherwise. I guess I was a bigger fool for the money than the
snipe-guys. One bid was placed in the last 2 seconds! I think I pay more as
I'm buying for 'my own account', if you buy with resale in mind you need to
get things cheaper. I might have to start selling off duplicate stuff
sometime though, my shelf is getting full... 8*)
--

Jim Brokaw