[OM] More diopter questions

Subject: [OM] More diopter questions
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:38:50 -0700
First some background info. I've recently purchased new glasses with a
new prescription. I ducked the bifocal thing this time but not for long.
Due to my line of work i need to see short to mid distances but not
necessarily through the lower part of the lens so bifocals aren't a good
option. I don't need a sore neck from leaning way back. So my new
prescription is a compromise, 20-10 at infinity and pretty good down to
1.5 meters but then not so good. I can still read with glasses on but
not so well. No problem since i can see fine in this range with the
specs off. And i'm going to get a second pair of glasses to wear indoors
optimized for mid distance at the expense of the long range.

Question: How does this affect focusing with the specs on? I can focus
at infinity fine but according to recent threads here in the list
focusing takes place at the apparent distance where my sharp vision
starts to go. So am I better off with no glasses and diopter correction?

Question: Along with my prescription for glasses my opth..whatever says
I would need -1.75 correction in my camera focusing eye. So does this
mean adding a  -2 diopter  lens or is there other factors to take into
consideration?

thanks Susan or whoever knows about this sort of thing.
Mike