RE: [OM] Warning...Please read...new developments...

Subject: RE: [OM] Warning...Please read...new developments...
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:33:01 -0700
My neighbor is a county sheriff. I inquired with him about this today. He
says:

1. Ask your local PD to run a "wants and warrants" using whatever
information you have. You should be able to get info (if any) for any of the
states via the PD for your jurisdiction.
2. Don't expect much from the local PD in the guy's jurisdiction. Unless the
amount stolen from you is over whatever the local (usually state)
break-point is for a felony theft, the usually haven't got the man-power and
resources to do much. However, if he's doing it to you, he may well be doing
it to others, and only a history of complaints will allow the local PD to
determine if there's a pattern and follow through.
3. Contact the postal inspector. The fact this was perpetrated using the
mail (in part) is a "bigger beef" than the stolen amount, and may well get
more action.

---
Scott Gomez