Re: [OM] Anyone know anything about Broadway Camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone know anything about Broadway Camera?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:11:51 -0700
In a message dated 7/14/2001 Tom Scales writes:

<< I'm starting to get the itch for an E-10, now that the prices are
coming down. Broadway has them for $1,129 new: >>

How's this for being a co-enabler, <g>....

Buy it Tom! That way when you upgrade to the E10's replacement you can
sell it to me ;-)

Seriously, I would (buy an E10 and some assorted bits that surround it)
if I could. As I have posted before, another contributer to the Quattro
Club USA magazine has one and has gotten some shots that look beautiful
in print, including the last issue's cover. Yes, it is of course
magazine quality half toned, but we do produce a very nice high quality
glossy publication. He had to have his first one exchanged for what he
described as "hot pixels" and says the replacement has developed the
same symptom to a lesser degree (when he first noticed it he was talking
about switching to an EOS D30 but I think he got over that). Apparently
this is only an issue at long exposure times (1/15 or slower) where the
effected pixels show up as brighter spots in dark areas. Seems to me
that with over 4 million pixels that touching up a few in a photo
editing program on those few shots it is likely to show up isn't that
big a deal. Were it me, I would shoot film in all low light situations
anyway to avoid the digital "noise" that crops up at higher ISO setting.

I think I read somewhere (here perhaps?) to be wary of non-US versions.
There are some alternatives now from Can*n and Min*lta that look pretty
attractive but the E10 seems like pretty much the semi-affordable
digital to have still.

Any more news on the interchangeable lens ~5 megapixel SLR Olympus has
hinted is in the offing next year? (Now there's one I really won't be
able to afford!)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com