Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:33:16 +1000

I have found the 50/1.2 so difficult to focus that I installed my 2-13 into my OM-3 to cope with it. I am young, don't wear glasses and am at least 15 years away from the presbyopia some of you have. The split image certainly tamed the problem of not having an absolutely reliable focus point. I found one shot from my last roll so out of focus with the 50/1.2 that I think I'll use the 2-13 with it always.

Oben

At 04:41 AM Monday 16/07/2001, you wrote:
In a message dated 7/14/01 8:55:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The shimmer is a focussing effect
>  >with certain lenses. My 50/1.2 doesn't have it for example.

This discussion has interest for me, because I seem to have had a focusing
problem lately.  Yesterday, at the Highland Games, I used the 50/1.2 and 85/2
with OM-2S  and did notice, and use, the shimmer either side of focus to good
effect, I hope.  I also moved my head/glasses/eye around to see if that
changed anything, and it didn't, so apparently I can no longer blame my
(damn) trifocals.   Maybe I won't need to use the eyecup w/diopter  for
awhile yet.