Re: [OM] Olympus Auto Eye Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Auto Eye Camera
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:27:32 -0500

HI100@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear O's,
>               Anybody know anything about the Olympus auto-eye camera?

To quote Olympus' "Vision Age", issue #3, "The Zuiko Story", part 3....

"The first Japanese camera with a built-in electric exposure meter was
introduced
in 1957, and it took only three years before the first AE camera appeared.  The
speed of this advancement is marvelous.  We are honored that the first models in
both cases were produced by Olympus: the Olympus Wide E in 1957 and the Olympus
Auto Eye in 1960."

The illustration shows the Olympus "Auto Eye I", with a "D. Zuiko" lens, f/2.8,
4.5cm.