RE: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...UPS!!!!

Subject: RE: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...UPS!!!!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:15:38 -0600
At 09:58 AM 7/12/01 -0400, William Clark wrote:

I have been hosed by UPS before too. Once they were going to charge $39 for a $20 item. So I refused the item. I just have the item insured (if coming from the U.S.). and use the U.S. postal service or the U.S. postal service global priority mail. It is much, much cheaper and only marginally slower. If Canadapost doesn't look at the item, then there is no fee. If they do, then it is only $5. I never bid on auctions where UPS is the only shipper. Why would anyone want to use them? BIG RIP OFF

Yeah, it's annoying. Particularly when FedEx tends to be such a class act in comparison. And you're right, as long as the package is small enough, Canada Post is exceptionally competitive in that regard, as is the USPS.

Garth