Re: [OM] [OT] centre of the world

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] centre of the world
From: Peter Leyssens <leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:34:06 -0700 (PDT)
> > <Summer> as a theme ain't going to work --
> this is an international list
> > and (Doh!) not all of us are in the midst of
> summer. I'm still adjusting to
> > the fact that Texas isn't the center of the
> universe... <g>
>
> Silly guy!  We ALL know that ALBERTA is the
> center of the universe!

I always used to enjoy shocking the Dutch with
some Antwerp arrogance, and the following worked
wonders : we, from Antwerp, of course admit
there's parts outside Antwerp !  The non-Antwerp
world is divided into 4 parts.  There's
east-non-Antwerp, which is called "LimboLand" (a
word play on the province Limburg).
West-non-Antwerp, is called "de Vleunders"
(Antwerp dialect for the provinces there).
South-non-Antwerp are the Walloons, and
North-non-Antwerp is Holland.

Peter.

=====