Re: [OM] My first Olympus!

Subject: Re: [OM] My first Olympus!
From: "Scott Nelson" <SNelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:14:04 -0400
Ahem, I think this is a tad overstated. I own a Tokina 80-200/2.8 ATX and a
Tamron 35-105/2.8 SP and neither lens cost >USD300 used in excellent and mint-
condition. Nor are either of these lenses back breakers. The Tokina's 77mm
filter size is the most problematical issue, though it's acceptance of the
1.4xa is a real plus. I say this being a real prime preferrer in general, but
these lenses definitely have their place, namely extended vacation. Further,
there ARE excellent utilitarian aftermarket prime lenses such as the
much-appreciated Tokina/Tamron/Viv S1 90 macros and the 300/2.8's and 400/4s
which are either unavailable as Zeeks or cost in the neighborhood of a  used
Honda Accord.

<<So to answer - a very expensive, pro-grade, A-TX, LD, MMMC, ED, ICQ,
whatever, 3kg, f2.8 monster zoom made now will probably outperform an old Zuiko
zoom, cost several thousand, strain your back and scare the horses.
It probably won't outperform a prime at equivalent focal lengths.>>