Re: [OM] eBay Photo Equipment Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay Photo Equipment Sellers
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 06:54:28 -0500
That's almost the first advice I give prospective sellers of OM equipment.
Condition doesn't affect the price as much as you'd like.  I think you hit
the nail on the head about people looking at the averages and deciding on
what they'll bid. No question that the junk drags prices down.

A combination of uneducated sellers with uneducated buyers.

Occasionally it works to a sellers advantage when there is a bidding war,
but more often, the price is lower than I think something is worth (only
when I'm selling; when I'm buying everything is too expensive).

Tom