RE: [OM] Developing Disaster

Subject: RE: [OM] Developing Disaster
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:43:21 -0500
Clendon,

Good to hear of another Austinite on the list!  That makes three.  You don't
drive a 'vette too, do you? <G>

Holland, IMO, is the best in town.  See Marjorie or Dave when you go in.
I've given up with the 1-hour places (one exception below) as I got tired of
my blood, sweat & tears being ruined by morons.  You can see Jerry at
Precision Camera on N. Lamar for a 3rd opinion.  He's a good guy.  If he's
not available, look up Cole in the store.

If you absolutely *have* to use a 1-hour, see Janie at the HEB in
Pflugerville at the corner of Well's Branch and IH 35.  Their film processor
is kept very clean and hasn't burned me yet.  I've also seen her reprint
difficult (i.e. under/over exposed) numerous times on her own initiative
just to get 'em right.  Assuming the equipment is running correctly,
attitude becomes everything.  Tell her Dave sent ya.

Regarding what to look for, examine the prints -- if they're good, then
someone didn't screw up *too* badly.  Check out the negs -- look for very
fine scratches by angling the negs to reflect the light just *so*.
Unfortunately, the really fine scratches won't show up in the usual 4x6
prints.  More unfortunately, simply because you get one good set of
negs/prints from a lab once in no way guarantees that you'll get a repeat
performance.

HTH --

Dave