RE: [OM] 35-70 Lens Question

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-70 Lens Question
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:05:41 -0700
That's the way it's designed to work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnny Johnson [mailto:jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:32 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] 35-70 Lens Question

Hi folks,

Hope someone can help with a quick question.  I just received a 35-70mm,
1:3.5-4.5 that shows signs on the filter ring of being dropped.  That made
me start looking closer at the lens and I noticed that, at the 35mm
setting, the aperture doesn't open up all the way when set for f5.6 to
f22.  Just estimating, it opens to f4.5 and stops.  At the 70mm setting,
the aperture opens all the way, no matter the fstop setting.  Is this the
way the thing is designed to work?  I'm not sure why but I would have
thought it would have been just the opposite.

Later,
Johnny