Re: [OM] Happy Fourth of July

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Fourth of July
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 00:21:05 +0000
At 19:41 7/4/01, Garth Wood wrote:
But thanks for the wishes anyways. I spent "Canada Day" living through a mild case of food poisoning, which was somehow apropos...

Garth

In that case I wouldn't wish a replay of it, perhaps wishing a more successful "second attempt" would be better?

OM Content:
My small city has a series of weekly concert band performances in a park bandshell during the summer. This is definitely a dying U.S. tradition (all but dead??). It is far from dying here. The band numbers over 60 musicians of all ages and the concerts are attended by at least several hundred (arrive early and bring your own lawn chair). Although we had thunderstorms most of the day, it broke by late afternoon blessing us with good weather for the concert. As you might imagine, the theme this evening was July 4th type music and the park was mobbed with about a thousand. Went out with the OM-2S to finish off the last eight frames of some Kodachrome 64. Shot the first two-thirds of the concert that began just before sundown using a tripod and an 85/2 Zuiko. Started using f/2.8 @ 1/30th and gradually worked to f/2 @ 1/15th as daylight slipped away.

Oh, yes, almost forgot; I had grilled hot dogs and apple pie just before leaving for the concert. :-)

-- John