RE: [OM] OT Costa Rica?

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Costa Rica?
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 11:06:26 -0500
There is a lot to see in the San Jose area, but most of it that I am aware
of requires a little drive.

Naturally, street shooting downtown can be a lot of fun. Lots of people,
many brightly painted buildings, and a large square. On market day each
town's markets are a great opportunity for shooting. Be careful about
walking around in San Jose at night, though.

You might enjoy a drive out to the town of Zarcero, which has a pretty
cathedral and topiary garden. Its up in the mountains a bit and the  drive
is fascinating. I can't remember how long to expect to get there, maybe a
couple of hours.

A day trip to one of the volcanoes overlooking San Jose would be fun, but in
the rainy season they will probably be shrouded in clouds and photo
opportunities may be limited - you'll just have to look off in that
direction and decide.

Sounds like you have a good kit, but I would go just a little bit longer
myself. A 135 is great for  candid street shooting. It doesn't sound like
you are  targeting the wildlife, so you won't need anything really long.

Good luck! I enjoyed Costa Rica very much and plan to go back sometime soon.
It was a much more civilized country than I had first imagined, though you
will find iron bars on almost every window.......

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks,

    Can anyone suggest any particularly interesting day trip vistas or
sights worth getting to from San Jose? And any particularly interesting San
Jose neighborhoods for street shooting--day or night? And lastly, how is the
weather in and near San Jose during what is now the rainy season?

    My travel kit will be the 21F3.5, 28F2.0, 50F1.2 and 100F2.0, OM4T and
OM2S, and tripods. Films from K25 to Fuji 800 print.

Thanks.

Alex