Re: [OM] Get Cash Fast!

Subject: Re: [OM] Get Cash Fast!
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:46:45 +1000
>Dan Morgan wrote:
>
>>We will help you get the mortgage loan you want!
>
>If these spammers were smart (must be N*k*n users), they would tailor their
>spam to the list.
>Such as: "We will help you get the OM equipment loan you want!" or
>"We'll help you lose weight; by buying smaller, lighter OM equipment"
>
>________________
>John Cwiklinski

Don't laugh - we are on the brink of tailored spam (another horrible
image). Data is already collected on your preferences (i.e. ebay search
habits) and this will enable spammers to send you message that they think
will be of interest to you specifically - i.e. I won't get messages that
are of use only to US readers (Phone company and mortgage offers for
example).
You may get - "Trade in your clapped out OM gear on a brand new E10"
messages! Or more likely, given the nature of the net, any old photographic
adverts. Actually, given the number of weight-loss messages I'm getting.....
AndrewF