Re: [OM] Wipe those batteries clean

Subject: Re: [OM] Wipe those batteries clean
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 01:19:18 +0100 (BST)
On the back of the packaging, first
> instruction is to wipe them clean
> (of dirt, fingerprints, etc., I presume -- it didn't
> say).  I recall reading
> (here on the list, I believe) to wipe the batteries
> clean before installing
> them.  Seems that is the recommended factory
> procedure, as well.  Maybe this
> explains some premature battery "failures"?
>
> Rich

I doubt whether that would make any difference to the
long term drain symptoms that the 2S and 4 suffer
from, dirty contacts would merely impede high current
drain/load on the battery. Imagine a car battery
hooked up with thin wire, it would power the interior
light and maybe the radio, right? But it wouldn't be
able to turn over the engine, it would simply be too
much of a restriction.

Chris