[OM] $150 85 mm f/2/$250 kit

Subject: [OM] $150 85 mm f/2/$250 kit
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:54:17 -0700
Dear Frugal and group:

After reading the list postings this morning, I felt like an enabler!  I
consulted with my Zuiko spiritual advisor, who compared my current
holdings to the famed "twelve-stop program" list.

My "mea culpa" is to fax in an order to Wall Street Camera for a 200 mm
f/5 lens.

There, I feel better already!

It was suggested that we should talk about a $250 kit, to determine what
we really consider crucial.  I decided to pick out a $250 kit from my
inventory, and use it on the 4th of July, instead of the "good stuff".

Here it is:

Olympus OM-1, with 50 mm /f1.8                              $96
28 mm Sigma f/2.8, with hood and case                        31
35 - 70 Vivitar f/3.6 zoom                                   47
135 mm Sakar f/2.8                                           15
Close-up lens for 50 mm                                      20
Close-out case from B&H (yes, it says C*N*N!)                30
Borrow Bogen tripod from wife                              free
Kodacolor 100 film (168 exposure) from Costco                 9
Mail-in rebate from Costco on film                          (10)
Wein Air-Zinc cell for OM-1                                   5
   Total                                                   $243

I have the $7 left to buy a cable release. I let you know how it works
out.

May all your acquisitions be LN-

Bill Stanke