Re: [OM] Great travel advice - now Oshkosh

Subject: Re: [OM] Great travel advice - now Oshkosh
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:06:30 -0700
Gary Edwards wrote:
    Remember, now, use slow enough shutter speeds to blur the props.

Gary,
    I was planning to use 125th and 250th with my Zuiko 300mm f4.5 and
Tele-VOTAR 400mm f4.5 on a Bogan 3016(?) mono pod when shooting ground
to air.  Will this be slow enough?  And / or, will I be able to hold it
stable enough?  I will be relying on my 2s and 1n for most everything
but will have the XA along just in case.  Will there be much call for a
flash?  I was thinking of just bringing the T20 but I have a T32 and BG2
if there is a call for it.  Is 20 rolls of film enough for 3 1/2 days?

    I will be pretending to be a "Press Photographer" for my Brother and
Uncle who both write for a small Ohio, Pilots rag.  (No pay but the
perks are nice, i.e. no editors, free subscriptions for your friends and
family and now Press passes to Oshkosh)

    I would appreciate any and all advice to make my trip more
successful.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California

P.S. Gary your shots "Eagle Holding" and "Eagle Rolling"  are an example
of what I would like to aspire to.  I have many of your shots in my
screen saver, Great work!