Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens

Subject: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:55:24 -0700 (PDT)
Michael V. lamented:
>I remember a time when my wife would not ask me to pack my
>camera bag the night before so we would not be late to
>whatever event we were going to because I spent an hour or
>more lining up all my gear trying to decide who will go
>and who will stay.

I remember those days when I had to pack equipment too.  May I
suggest a downsizing (hopefully voluntary, not forced) of the kit
to a single-bag.  Go back to straight multiples, 24, 50, 100, 200
and maybe a long lens to stick under the seat of your car.  (Jeep
Cherokees have the most perfect place for a big lens case between
the seat mechanicals and the door).  Best of all, go back to your
SC roots and make sure you get rid of all the MC glass.  You will
be allowed two bodies (gotta have a backup, just in case), but are
limited to one type of slide film and one type of B&W film.

Hmm.  NOW I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH TRIPOD TO PACK!

Ken N.