Re: [OM] Auto focus for OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto focus for OM?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:07:08 +1000
There were a few of this type of lens made about 10 years ago by third
party lens makers when the major manufacturers were going AF. They're not
common because they were pricey and possibly a bit slow compared to a true
AF camera - a good idea but a marketing failure. The only ones I've seen
are tele zooms - I think I've seen a Tamron as well and that was bulkier
than this Sigma. Everything is in the lens - motor, batteries, focussing
sensors - I don't know how reliable or accurate they are.
AndrewF