Re: [OM] T8 ringflash / T Power Control - new question ???

Subject: Re: [OM] T8 ringflash / T Power Control - new question ???
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:33:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx wrote:

> QUESTION: The T8 I have seen in a UK shop comes with the T Power Control 1.
> How much is this combo "worth" if it is in working but not cosmetically good
> condition. I am guessing that cosmetics aren't necessarily as crucial for a
> light source as they are for a camera or lens to indicate possible damage to
> the works.

Most T-8's are in like new condition since they're typically used in a
studio environment.  A good condition T-8 with both reflectors and the
case usually sells for over $200US.  You can still get them new from B&H
for about $250US.  A T-Power usually fetches around $150US.  As long as the
inside of the T-8 reflectors are clean and free of major dents, the cosmetics
shouldn't really matter much.

> BUT this T Power Control 1 is lacking the calculator dial. So does that
> knacker it? Can you just inset the T32 dial for TTL "Full Auto Control by
> OM-2" and work it?

You can either live without the calculator panel, or if you really want the
panel, buy a new one for about $15US.  They're still available new from
Olympus.
                                -mark