Re: [OM] 35-70/3:6

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70/3:6
From: "Henrik Dahl" <hdahl100@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:14:30 +0200
Ralf (and Tom)
Thanks. I ordered the 35-70/3,6 today, with original hood and some other goodies. Will have it thursday. I also went with my 35-70/3,5-4,5 to a shop and swapped it right off for a mint F280 flash. In some days the wifey and me are going way up north to Lofoten in Norway, to see the all-night sun and the green fjords. Hope to post some pictures in august.
Henrik

Ralf wrote:
the filter ring of the 35-70/3.6 does not turn when focusing, so you aresafe with the polarizer. I own one and have bought a 35-70/3.5-4.5 for my fiancee, so this is myopinion about the two lenses. The F3.6 lens is a pro one so it is well build, all metal, the F3.5-4.5 instead seems me a little bit plastic. But this means also that the F3.6 is heavier (it weight about the double of the F3.5-4.5). The main advantage of the F3.6 version is that it is easier to focus with, and I find the 3.5-4.5 slighty
difficult to focus.
From the performance point of view, I don't expect improvement: both are
fine performer, even wide open.

Ralf Loi