[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2490

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2490
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:04:08 +1000
Hans

I learned macro with a large format camera: set the bellows extension to
the desired magnification, then move the camera or subject into focus. I
also used this method -- set lens for magnification and move camera to
focus -- with my 50mm macro and OM1n and it has served me well. At large
magnifications changing the lens-to-film distance becomes cumbersome and
less effective, regardless of format.

This is where the OM focusing stage is useful -- in fact I'd say it's
the reason it was built.

Vaughan

---