[OM] New York Times v. Tasini, 00-201

Subject: [OM] New York Times v. Tasini, 00-201
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:32:16 -0700 (PDT)
Regarding Owner/creator rights:

New York Times just lost this case in the US Supreme Court.  Looks like we
might be one step closer to protecting ourselves against the likes of "Big
Media" stealing writers and photographers works.

Of course, it just means that all of the new usage contracts will completely
favour them which will require us signing away ALL of our rights just so we can
eat...

Nice to see the NYT get stomped like Napster did.

Ken N.
Reunite Gondwana!