Re: [OM] OM Power Bounce Grip2

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Power Bounce Grip2
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:22:58 +0100
Chris,
          Sorry for the delay in reply.
                      On dismantling the side of the pivot I found that the
3 screws holdinn the bearing which controls the height adjustment had worked
loose and had bent allowing backlash. I feel this is a design fault, the
flash is free moving,but the screws are just not "man enough" for the job.
There is a central locating pin but an outer lug or pin would take some of
the load off the screws.I am undecided whether to simply replace the screws
or drill and tap one of the three holes for a more substantial screw.
                      Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK.