Re: [OM] Father's Day Post-Mortem

Subject: Re: [OM] Father's Day Post-Mortem
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:07:05 -0500

From: Doggre@xxxxxxx

Joel, the others have expressed much better than I could have the feelings
your post brought to mind.  Esp. what John Lind said:  "More important than
his attempt at teaching us was the time spent simply doing something
together."  It's a GREAT thing you're doing Joel, in many ways.

Yes, I appreciate the various heartfelt responses. I have been very moved, as this clearly touches common feelings that run very deep. Thanks Rich.

I enjoyed being with my Dad, even if that meant having to work to be around
him. Outside of work, most of our "quality time" was spent fishing & hunting
together.  I hadn't thought of it until now, but I remember how
enthusiastically he used his camera, an old Kodak -- nothing special, but had
a decent lens and made good photos.  He showed his slides with the same
enthusiasm.  Some of that must have infected me.  One of the qualities of a
good teacher is enthusiasm.

You had a great weekend, but your son had a great Father's Day, too, I'm
sure.  And I'm sure the topics of photography and drawing will provide many
more rewarding times together for you both.  Photography should provide a
great complement to his artistic skills.

You don't give yourself enough credit for eloquence.

OM1, eh? Lucky kid! Someday he'll be knocked out by the fact that you gave
him THAT camera when he was just 8.

Heh. He's just "using" it for now for learners. He'll get it for his own, someday -- if you take my meaning. <G>

Joel W.