Re: [OM] EMS to Canada (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] EMS to Canada (OT)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:18:21 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Gary,

> A very quick question to any Canadian who has used Global Express Mail
> (EMS). Have you been hit with a inspection and/or customs clearance
> charge?  We have talked specifically about the pitfalls of Global
> Priority Mail to Canada (= don't go there!), but I don't recall EMS
> being discussed.

Yes, it's treated the same with the exception that it's not held for
collection of taxes.  Instead they deliver it immediately and then follow
up with you on the taxes.  There's a $5 charge in addition to the taxes.
In Ontario the collection agency is PBB Global Logistics (www.pbb.com)
and they're quite easy to deal with.
                        -mark