[OM] Re: Olympus and National Geographic

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus and National Geographic
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:10:47 -0700
Erwin V. writes:

<< I recently studied a book about antique-trading... conclusion: old
cameras have hardly any value. >>

Hum, I like that if only because it might make some owners let them go
for cheap.

Just because something is in print doesn't mean it is fact.  The kind of
cameras one finds in a run of the mill antique store typically lack
value.  That shouldn't lead an author to conclude that cameras don't
have value.  More like: the cameras that antique dealers pick up are
rarely worth buying.

Another thing overlooked: lens and accessories. Are we to assume that if
cameras aren't worth anything, lenses and accessories must really be
junk?

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV