Re: Re: [OM] (OT) Three colour negatives

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] (OT) Three colour negatives
From: "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:45:52 -0400
Back in those 60's when I worked for an Indiana daily paper,
we took the 120 color negatives (from our Rollei's) into the
darkroom, and enlarging through filters, made three positives
on negative litho film. These went to the engraving room.
where they made three contact prints onto sensitized zinc
plates, and 'developed' these as negative images in an acid bath.
These flat plates were converted to six half round press plates.
One plate was for red, one for yellow and the third was for blue
ink. Each color was layered on separately which accounted for
the frequently out of register, but positive, 'fuzzy' look.

Sounds like that's what they have.

Rick in VA