[OM] Re: collecting OM's

Subject: [OM] Re: collecting OM's
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:10:39 +0000
George wrote:

>Very well said, Dirk.

thanks.

>Really, what has Olympus done for us OM users in say- the past 10 years?!
>Gave us the OM2000 and a plastic zoom lens?!

Well, I think they brought back the OM3 and they introduced the f/2.8
zoom in 1993 I think. But, Olympus needs to make special editions of the
OM line to really get the collectors salivating. Without that kind of
attention, OM's will be mostly user cameras. Aren't we past the 30th
anniversary of the OM-1? I don't remember much of a celebration, do you?
Sure, Ecru's are cute and all, but they sure don't get the juices going
like a gold plated OM-1.

--
A happy makefile for you too.

Dirk Wright