RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors
From: "Kiker, James" <jkiker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:26:08 -0500
Tom wrote:

> (i)t's a little late, but these situations are often better handled by
> double exposure so the monitors can be exposed properly - they're
> usually too dim. The monitors are turned off for the environmental
> exposure.

I wanted to try that; however, they were in a huge rush for it, and I
had exactly 6 pieces of film, so I just bracketed the exposures.
Believe it or not, it came out great, except for the green cast from the
fluorescents.  Through a loupe, you can see every minute detail of the
work on the monitors.  They had the transparency drum-scanned and turned
into ~130MB file, and used PhotoShop to clean it up and balance the
colors.  I have seen the small-scale mockup of the the banner in which
it is going, and it looks good.  I'm anxious to see the shot after it is
blown up to 3 feet high.  Thanks everyone for the earlier advice on this
shot.