[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2466/2467 OM-3 and OM-1(N)

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2466/2467 OM-3 and OM-1(N)
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:05:02 EDT
"Kam" <kamm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<< Hi Dave,
Welcome to the OM faimily.  Both the OM-1 and OM-3 have mechanical shutters
and they only need battery for the meter.  when I said the OM-1 is more
repairable, I meant that it has a far less complicated meter. ...
If you are choosing between OM-1 and OM-3, try both and ask yourself whether
you want the
 multi-spot meter.  For me, I can live without the OM-3 meter but can't
 forget the beauty of OM-1.  Happy shooting. >>

Thank you! I may be respondible for planting the seeds of some kind of riot
regarding OM-3s and collectors!

Anyway, I didn't know that the OM-1(n) needs no battery for its shutter,
which I think is good news since it will not suddenly lock up like my OM-4Ti
dows whenever I have a sudden urge to take a really important picture miles
away from the nearest photographic shop on a Sunday evening!

I just have the one Olympus camera - the OM-4Ti. I sold my lovely little
OM-10 in 1982 while still at school :-(
There is an abundance of OM-1(n)s here in the UK and hardly any OM-3s. I
could get 3 or 4 OM-1s for the price of an OM-3 (or about 10 for the price of
a new OM-3Ti!) so maybe that says it all. I already have the multi-spot
metering on the OM-4Ti (and I do like it a lot), so maybe that is not an
issue.

Really I asked my original question because I have several lovely Zuiko
lenses (and several Olympus/Canon fitting Tamron lenses) and don't want to
let them go. I want another OM camera in case my OM-4Ti dies one day (it will
probably outlive me anyway!) so I can still use all those gorgeous lenses.

Thanks!

Dave Bellamy.
http://hometown.aol.com/sitesearch/