[OM] Re: Class Acts

Subject: [OM] Re: Class Acts
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:08:31 EDT
My daddy taught me years ago' "Son,  all the money in the world won't buy
class!"  Well I have just had a series of experiences that more than prove
that point.

First George S made me a great deal on an OM-4t.  I have wanted one for such
a long time and his price made it possible.  The camera has arrived and I
have shot two rolls with it.  It more than lives up to it's reputation.

I posted an inquiry to the group asking for more technical information on the
OM-4t.  I got several helpful responses as is the usual case with those on
the list.  Then, in today's mail I received two Shipman Guides treating the
OM=4t and two copies of Vision Age Nos. 1 & 6 on that topic.  They were sent
by George S. at no cost to me via Priority Mail.

Last week I won the eBAy bid on a 300mm/4.5 lens that Tom Scales had put up.
He notified me that I was winner and that he would pickup the shipping.   I
intended to go the next day to the PO to mail payment.  But, I had a car
accident (no harm to me, but the car is really a mess) and I couldn't get
there until today.  The lens arrived today.  It had been mailed before I sent
payment.

Money won't buy class, ladies and gentlemen!  These are two extreme examples
of several incidents I have experienced over the last year of affiliation
with the list.

Just thought I'd pass on a pat on the back to two cool guys.  (Tom, you are
still an enabler).

Dave Dougherty