Re: [OM] reply

Subject: Re: [OM] reply
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:48:36 +0200
Hi fellow Zuiks,

Do you receive messages like this, too?

During the past months I have received hundreds of them on my university mail
account (Different than this. I am also quite confident that they do not
contain any worms and have infected the OM list this way). They all tell the
same story: Some african country, either a form of over-invoicing or some black
money stashed away during ingoing turmoil, a governmental company, an
impressive story with lots of family details, some million USD, and so on. I
think the time is right for no longer ignoring this kind of spam. Even if it
looks as if people over there have discovered the benefits of being on-line
with the rest of the world, there should be a limit. What the hell do they
think? Get away with these criminal acts? A colleague of mine works with
development in Africa. He uses them as teaching material.

I have started replying to these messages with an impressing threat to forward
the mails to the national police section that deals with international crime,
and Interpol. I hope this bears fruit some day. However, I was quite astonished
to find a mail like this in the OM list - can there be done something?

With best regards

Bernd Möller