[OM] tmount lenses

Subject: [OM] tmount lenses
From: Charles Sdunek <autumnw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:44:31 -0400
Hello All,

My father and I just went in together on a t-mount 500 mm f8 lense. After adding a 2x teleconverter attaching the lense to my OM2, and framing a beautiful shot of two beautiful cranes. Not sure which kind, they were deer brown with patches of red on the tops of thier heads. Quite large, about the size of the great blue heron. Anyway, back to the question. After I had the birds in the frame all nicely focused, I ran into a situation I have never encountered before. How do I set the exposure? How do you let the camera know that the lense is fixed at f8 as a normal lense does? I normally use my cameras in manual mode and in this case, I ended up just flipping the switch to the almost never used auto side, depending on the exposure control to take over.

Could some one explain how do the metering with a tmount lense? I suppose this would also be the case with my manual extension tubes I had hoped to have had time to use during the last tope window.

Thanks much,

Charles Sdunek