Re: [OM] Fw: Problem with Winder 2 or OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: Problem with Winder 2 or OM4
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:23:36 -0500
If I read you correctly, it sounds like the winder sometimes isn't
tripping the shutter.  My first inclination is to suspect the body
itself -- could be that the release slide across the bottom (that the
winder pushes to fire the shutter, or actually the mirror, but that's
another discussion...) is slightly out of adjustment.  You'd want to
have both checked out together, though.

This is the sort of malfunction that the Japanese used to call a
"combination problem" -- it's so close to being OK that if you put that
body with almost any other winder, or that winder with any other body,
and they would probably work fine.  But the "combination" of that
particular winder and that particular body results in an intermittant
problem.