Re: [OM] Speaking of scanners... OT!

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of scanners... OT!
From: Clyde Soles <csoles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:01:44 -0600
Zuiks,

Any listees own a 4x5 scanner?  I need to get one to scan my 4x5s as well as
my 35mm (taken exclusively with OM equipment!).  There don't seem to be too
many and, as there are fewer in the world than 35mm scanners, not subjected
to the same scrutiny in reviews, etc.

I use the Microtek Scanmaker 4, which is both a flatbed and transparency scanner. It handles all film formats up to 8x10 and has very handy trays available. 36-bit color, 3.8 Dmax and 600 DPI. It's more than adequate for the web (even for 35mm)*. I have no desire to make inkjet prints so it serves my needs. Best software around.