Re: [OM] Speaking of scanners... OT!

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of scanners... OT!
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 21:21:25 -0400
At 9:00 PM -0400 6/3/01, HI100@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 6/3/01 10:49:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Any listees own a 4x5 scanner?  I need to get one to scan my 4x5s as well
as
my 35mm (taken exclusively with OM equipment!).  There don't seem to be too
many and, as there are fewer in the world than 35mm scanners, not subjected
to the same scrutiny in reviews, etc. >>

Some of the higher priced regular flatbed scanners do scan 4x5 with the
included transparency adapter in the lid. I don't know what level of quality
and clearly the resolution is limited to about 1200 dpi.

For a lot of purposes (i.e. other than posters and gravure printing)
that should be just fine -- 4800x6000 pixels at 120 ppi (pretty decent
for continuous tone printing) would be 40 x 50 inches.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx