Re: [OM] OM 4, 4T or just buy a good light meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 4, 4T or just buy a good light meter
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 22:22:08 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Clemente Colayco" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hello Everybody
>
> I have long thought of buying the OM 4 series cameras for the multispot
> metering and averaging function...Instead of that,would I be better off
just
> getting a good light meter with spot and averaging function?

Yes, I think there should be a lots, at least Sekonic has some.

> Is there one with averaging function similar to what the OM 4 or 4T does?
>
> Would I not be more flexible having a spot meter on hand rather than built
> into the camera body?
>
> Your opinions are welcome. W

More flexible? may be, but if people are happy with external meter, there
will be no meter built inside camera. To me external meter is much slower to
use, not to mention it is not TTL. In macro mode TTL metering is a must,
otherwise you have to calculate the light lost for high magnification works,
just to slow.

C.H.Ling