[OM] A good buying experience

Subject: [OM] A good buying experience
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:07:39 -0400
Cc: brooklyncam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks,

With all the talk on the List recently about unsatisfactory mail order/eBay experiences I thought I pass along something of a more pleasant nature. I've been looking for a Bounce Grip 2 for several weeks, let a couple slip by on eBay, but found one, over the weekend, listed at Brooklyn Camera Exchange (BCE). The description said it was in excellent++ condition and the price of $79 seemed reasonable so I asked TS if he could give me any feedback about BCE. He said that their grading system didn't seem to be quite as conservative as the one used by KEH but that, all in all, he'd been satisfied with his purchases from them.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the grip and it arrived by UPS this morning. Inside the shipping box was the original Olympus box - inside that box was the original Styrofoam and cardboard packing - inside that was the instruction manual and the grip in their original plastic bags. I was surprised that it was boxed and included the manual since neither of those were mentioned in the listing. The grip itself isn't perfect - there's a few marks here and there but I don't think there's anything that wouldn't show on a new one after it was mounted to a camera/tripod a couple of times. If this is any indication of how they normally grade excellent++ then their "mint" items must truly be mint. I haven't been able to fully test it yet because my Auto Connector 4 hasn't arrived but I see no reason that it shouldn't work like a champ. Oh yeah, there was also a set of four, fully charged Panasonic batteries in the grip.

Just thought the good guys need to be mentioned once in a while but ------ don't y'all be buying up all the good stuff now at BCE before I have a chance at it! ;-)

Just a happy customer,
Johnny