[OM] More on Aperture Coupling Pin Dimensions

Subject: [OM] More on Aperture Coupling Pin Dimensions
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:53:35 -0500
Hello all --

A little while ago I wrote the list asking if anyone knew the spec length of the aperture coupling pin on OM lenses, since I had a lens with erratic behavior and (seemingly) a short pin. Got some interesting comments, but little hard data. In a recent digest, I noticed someone who returned an OM-4T because "the lens sensing nib on the collar of the mount was too close to tolerance and going spastic". Aha! Maybe someone knows what the spec is!!! If so, please share! For what it is worth, here are the measurements I've made on my OM-4T and lenses I've been able to check:

DescriptionAperture Pin Interface (mm)
Olympus OM-4T body-6.0
Olympus Zuiko Auto-Macro 50/f3.5 Lens7.1
Olympus Zuiko 75~150/f4 Zoom Lens7.2
Olympus Zuiko Auto-S 50/f1.4 Lens7.0
Tokina 35~105/f3.5-4.3 Zoom Lens (OM mt)7.0
Tokina AT-X 28~85 f3.5-4.5 Zoom Lens (OM mt)7.0
Tokina AT-X 50~250 f4-5.6 Zoom Lens (OM mt)7.0
Vivitar 80~200/f4.0 Macro Zoom Lens (OM mt)6.2
Vivitar Series 1 70~210/f2.8~4 Zoom lens (OM mt)6.9

The Vivitar 80~200 is the lens that gives me problems.... not too surprising, given these measurements. Would be interested in anyone who has similar measurements from their cameras/lenses, or, as I said, has official Olympus spec data.

P.S. These measurements are a little on the crude side - I made them using a tire tread depth gauge!