Re: [OM] Seat-of-the-Pants Pricing (Was Pricing)

Subject: Re: [OM] Seat-of-the-Pants Pricing (Was Pricing)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:31:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/01 4:23:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> You can always use my approach, which is to scour the available resources,
>  including Skip's data, my own experience, ebay observations, KEH, etc.
>
>  And then guess.

"Educated guess".  Kinda how I bid, Tom.  I also try to factor in what I
remember from reading comments on the list re: desirability/rarity of a given
lens and going prices for a good sample.  It seems to be working for me.

I would recommend those new to Oly and/or the list do a lot of observing on
eBay, reading the list, and perusing the major dealer sites to get a good
feel for prices for bargain, ex, mint, (etc.) condition examples of items
they may be interested in before they do much buying.

It's hard to be patient once the disease is contracted, however.

Rich