Re: [OM] [OT] Diphthong (was: Dipthong) AND OM 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Diphthong (was: Dipthong) AND OM 2000
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 16:14:49 -0400
Rich,
I haven't touched or seen the OM-2000 in person, but I'll admit the specs
represent what I'd want in a utility type body. Unfortunately, it's not an
OM system camera, and even further detached than the double digit models.
Lenses (not all) and eyepiece accessories are the only OM items that will
work with it. I think I would especially miss the TTL flash, but I assume my
T and F series flashes would work in 'normal' mode on it. If one came along
at a cheap enough price I might bite for the heck of it. But not really
looking...

If you get it, have fun with it and report back your impressions. If I can
put my lenses on it, I'm at least curious...
Mickey

> Heck, I'm even thinking of picking up an OM-2000.  I rather like the look
and
> feel of it, regardless of who builds it.  Not prissy here.  Dump that
> "plast-icky" 35 - 70 and plug on the 35 - 70/3.5 - 4.5 and the other
Zuikos,