Re: [OM] Some ramblings about my 2n, Father-son bonding and a question

Subject: Re: [OM] Some ramblings about my 2n, Father-son bonding and a question
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 07:00:37 +0100
I don't know if anyone remembers that I got my second body, an OM2n a month
or so ago and ran a film through it to see how it works. Many these were in
pairs, one set on manual and one on auto. Totally impressed here as they
were indestinguishable.

I am about to buy an OM2SP (£180 for body + 35/2.8 in Exc+ condition
in Lincoln), but this talk of OM2Ns is tempting me to go
"traditional".

The real show stoppers though were two shots out of the window at night on
auto - it was about 80-90 0ark and there are lots of streetlights. The
shutter was open for nearly 3 minutes and the exposure was absolutely
superb. Real good sky colour but good details in the buildings and cars,
plus a streak from a passing car that adds a touch of feel. Also as the
exposure was so long the movement of the camera where I pressed the shutter
didn't end up on the film. These are the sort of pictures I always go for
when I visit a new city. I always guess the exposure and they are invariably
dissapointing.

Must try that.

So, I'm a happy teddy and overjoyed with the new toy

The other good news is that my Number One son is doing his art exams (in the
UK his AS level ... not sure what that equates to in other territories), and
he needed some studies of Cities, so he asked if I'd mind going up to London
with him to take some pictures... tricky decision!.

...  tricky, as you say.  I wish my 16 year-old were doing Art or Photography.

Anyway, if you got this far forgive the ramblings

Sam

Interesting and happy post Sam.

Chris
--