Re: [OM] OM 1N vs OM 2n

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 1N vs OM 2n
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 19:46:47 -0400
Faisal,

Let me put this another way. I you don't want it, probably everyone else on
the list will (glad I spoke up first- dibs!).

The real differences are the OM-1n is a mechanical camera relying on the
batteries only for the meter while the shutter is fired on the OM-2n
electronically. (Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Also, if you
plan to do flash photography a lot, you will probably be happier with an
OM-2n as it will take care of the flash calculations for you using a T
series flash. When I know I'll be using the flash a lot (such as parties), I
reach for my OM-2n. You can still use a flash successfully with an OM-1n,
but you need to set it manually using a calculator table on the back of the
flash.

If you do anything like long exposure photography, the OM-1 has mirror lock
up and a mechanical bulb setting that are very useful. When I do any
astrophotography, the OM-1n goes for the ride.

Either camera is an excellent choice, but if you had to choose only one,
consider the advantages of each. You'll be happy no matter what you wind up
with, it's a great (and addicting) system.

Regards,

Mike V.

P.S. If you decide to continue the hunt of an OM-2n, remember to pass on the
location / price info to the list. And of course, I claim the right of first
refusal! :-)