RE: [OM] XA2 - thanks again for the help...

Subject: RE: [OM] XA2 - thanks again for the help...
From: "gwsears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:13:33 -0400
This came from Lee Hawkins page of FAQ on the XA
It may help...

GeoW

B7) How do I fix the cover interlock switch on an XA?
        Actually repairing the shutter release problem
is fairly easy and
        within the abilities of most people who are
somewhat handy.  The
        problem is usually caused by the cover
interlock switch.  This
        switch keeps you from firing the camera when
the cover is closed
        and is somewhat subject to getting dirty
contacts from dust.

        If I remember right the switch is under the
cover on the top right
        (as you look at the front of the camera) and
is accessed by removing
        the bottom plate and then removing the sliding
cover.  Be sure to
        not lose the little ball bearing the cover
rides on.  I always
        recommend working over (or in) a print
processing pan (or baking pan
        etc.) to catch the little parts you drop.
Only tool needed is a
        good "0" or "00" phillips screwdriver and
maybe some tweezers.
        You'll see the switch when you remove the
cover.  I think it may be
        necessary to remove the top to clean the
contacts, it comes off with
        a couple of screws, and the rewind crank plus
I think the release
        button must be pried off (it's just glued on).
 All this is somewhat
        intimidating, the actual repair is not all
that bad...